WHO CAN PLAY PIANO? I say the young or the old. The meek or the bold, you can learn to play piano in a week. I didn’t say master piano – just learn to play! And when I say play piano, it means that you have the ability to explore for yourself and create your own course by yourself or with a personal mentor to master piano and PLAY LIKE A PRO. Just follow these series of posts and see for yourself how you go with it.
This is a training I have developed for myself and the people I have tutored to learn to play piano. Just for you to know, I am not a pro piano player. But what’s amazing is, I can play. I am just an ordinary person who loves music, and loves to sing and jam. I might just be someone like you. I can’t lead you into mastery. But I can help you with a good start – THEORY with PRACTICE.
WHAT THINGS DO YOU NEED? You need a drums set – no. You need a piano, of course. Let me provide you a list:
- Piano or Electric Piano – You might consider borrowing from a friend, as long as you take good care of it. You could also use your very own app – that’s great. However, my training is based on an actual piano.
- Notes – Successful people take notes. Not copy what the tutor wants to copy but to record your very own learning process or result. We will also use that not only as a journal but also as a log book to help you monitor the hours you spent – so you won’t forget that you have other things to do.
- A Song Piece (in mind) – Take any song that you want. You’ll be using that for the whole week. Then we’ll see if this training works for you.
- A Friend – This learning is not very easy given the amount of time. You need a friend to come along. Music is partially relative so you will need to have at least 1 person to be with you as you go along.
- 2 Hours – This is actually up to you. You could have it 15 minutes. However, by experience, it doesn’t work if you are to awaken that pianist in you. For that 2 hours is more than enough for your mind to be free from other activities. In that way you’ll be able to let out that creativity in you. Also just 2 hours because you might need to do other things necessary for your bills, or for your family, or for your study.
WHEN DO WE START? A week from now, we will start. I will still have to arrange my schedule and prepare some other things like possible ways to communicate or answer your inquiries.
WHAT WILL I GAIN OUT OF THIS? I want you to know that this is not a trick. That is why I want to be honest with you in the first place. This is business – well, not much about just money. I’m a goal-oriented person and I want something to gain personally out of this experience. Here are things I project to be beneficial to me:
- I can help my friends without sacrificing my welfare. Some of my friends encouraged me to do some tutorial. But I’m a busy person. I can’t be available to many in one time. Here, I can reach out to as many people as I can at the same time.
- I can gauge how my approach works in a global perspective.
- I can establish my own book in playing various musical instruments.
- I can attract more visitors in this site that I am developing.
- I can move up in playing piano as well.
So see you then. By the way, here’s my facebook if you want to see me there.